Research is an investigation into an existing or a novel problem. It aims at finding solution to the problems faced by the society in general.
Research is important because of the following :
1) Identification, isolation and location of the problem.
2) Identification of study already made in the field.
3) Helps develop insight into the phenomenon.
4) Helps investigate situations.
5) Generate new knowledge.
6) Helps develop a fresh approach to existing problems.
7) Helps offer solutions to current problems.
8) Research enables a thorough study of every aspect related to the issue.
9) Objectivity and Unbiased opinions.
10) Serves as a basis for further study.